Let’s see how you can zest a lemon.
- Slice about an inch off both ends of the lemon.
- Hold the lemon over a bowl so you don’t lose any seeds, and use your chef’s knife to slice down the middle of the skin.
- If there is any visible white pith in your slices, trim it off with the knife (it will be quite thin).
- Turn your knife around and use it to loosen each section of peel that is still attached to the fruit.
- Pull up on the peel with your hand to remove it entirely in one piece, taking care not to tear it (try not to let it come apart at all).
- Hold the peel over the bowl in one hand and use your fingers to slide all of the essential oils out.
- Use a sharp knife to slice up your lemon sections and put them into the mixing container at this time.
- Mix together with a spoon or small whisk until thoroughly combined. Enjoy!
So this is how you can zest a lemon.