Discord is the most convenient method to communicate via audio, video, and text. Using servers, you may talk, chat, hang out, and remain in touch with your friends and communities. Servers are a collection of chat rooms and voice chat channels that remain active throughout time.
If you want to learn how to enable screen share on the Discord server, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to enable screen share on the Discord server.
How to enable screen share on the Discord server
Follow these steps to enable screen share on the Discord server:
Using Mac or PC:
- Open Discord on your Mac or PC – either the web client or the downloadable software – and navigate to the server you wish to join.
- In a voice channel, select the Screen option in the bottom-left corner. If this option is greyed out, you don’t have the authorization to stream in the channel and will need to request a role change from a server moderator.
- You may also start broadcasting from your camera by clicking Video.
- Select what you’d like to share. You may share your full screen at once, allowing others to see it precisely as you do, or you can share a single app. Even if you’re not actively using the app, sharing it will allow others to view it.
- Select the streaming quality and framerate you want. You may broadcast in 1080p or higher at 60FPS if you have Discord Nitro; otherwise, you’ll be limited to 720p at 30FPS.
- You may also select a preset option from the drop-down menu, such as Smoother Video.
- Go Live by clicking the Go Live button. Your screen will begin to broadcast to the voice channel. Double-click the red LIVE symbol next to your name to watch your stream. At any given moment, only 50 people (including yourself) can view your broadcast.
- Disconnect from the voice channel or select the Screen option in the bottom-left again to terminate the stream.
Using the mobile app:
- Go to the server and voice channel you wish to stream in on your iPhone or Android and open Discord.
- When you’re in the voice channel, press the phone symbol at the bottom of the screen. If the icon is greyed out, you don’t have the authorization to stream in the channel and must request a role change from a server moderator.
- You’ll be prompted if you want Discord to record your screen.
- To do so, press Start Now or Start Broadcast.
- You may now swipe away from Discord and into another app. Everything you do, including audio from your apps, will be broadcast via Discord.
- Return to Discord and hit Stop sharing to terminate the stream.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Discord website on how to enable screen share on the Discord server.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How to cancel Facebook account
- How to cancel Apple Music subscription
- How to cancel Spotify Premium subscription
- How to cancel Amazon Prime membership
- How to cancel NordVPN subscription
- How to cancel Blinkist subscription
- How to cancel Vimeo subscription
- How to cancel Etsy order
- How to cancel Postmates Unlimited subscription
- How to cancel Twitch subscription
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Discord.