When you or someone else has input the wrong passcode on your device more than six times, the dreaded “iPhone is disabled” warning appears and the device is disabled for 1 minute. You’ll get the warning iPhone is Disabled and all data will be wiped if you don’t enter the proper passcode after 10 attempts.
If you want to learn how to unlock a Disabled iPhone, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to unlock a Disabled iPhone.
How to unlock a Disabled iPhone
Follow these steps to unlock a Disabled iPhone:
The bad news is that if your iPhone is deactivated, there’s no way to overcome the passcode and just restart it; if that were feasible, anybody could do it, defeating the purpose of the passcode protection.
- Start iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone using a USB connection.
- Start the recovery mode on your iPhone. You’ll need to perform one of two things, depending on the iPhone model you have:
- If you have an iPhone 8 or later, press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen, then press and hold the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power button for three seconds on an iPhone 7, then swipe the “Power off” slider to the right. Finally, hold down the Volume Down button until the “connect to iTunes” screen appears.
- Press and hold the Power button for three seconds on an iPhone 6s or older, then swipe the “Power off” slider to the right. Then hold down the Home button until the “link to iTunes” screen appears.
- Click “Restore” on your computer.
- Your iPhone will be reset to factory settings after this process is completed.
- Then, to restore your iPhone using a recent backup, follow the on-screen instructions.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Apple Support website on how to unlock a Disabled iPhone.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How To Cancel Disney Movie Club Membership
- How to Cancel Ford Credit Financing
- How to cancel Duke Energy Service
- How to cancel BeenVerified subscription
- How to cancel Xero subscription
- How to cancel Desk.com account
- How to cancel Twilio account
- How to Cancel Lumosity subscription
- How to cancel Blue Apron account
- How to cancel Unbounce subscription
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with iPhone.