There are a variety of items that might be clogging up your Mac’s storage and making it operate slowly, but before you throw away your priceless images, music, and movies, consider deleting those programs you know you’ll never use again.
If you want to learn how to uninstall apps on Mac, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to uninstall apps on Mac.
How to uninstall apps on Mac
Follow these steps to uninstall apps on Mac:
- Launchpad may be opened by clicking it on the Dock or by opening it from your Applications folder. You may also pinch shut your trackpad with your thumb and three fingers.
- If the app isn’t listed in Launchpad, put its name into the top-right search bar. To reveal the next or previous page, swipe right or left with two fingers on your trackpad.
- Hold the Option key down or click and hold any program until it jiggles.
- Click the Delete button next to the program you wish to remove, then confirm by clicking Delete.
- The software gets uninstalled right away. Apps that aren’t shown were either not downloaded from the App Store or are required by your Mac.
- Use the Finder instead of the App Store to remove an app that wasn’t downloaded via the App Store.
Using the Finder:
- Open the Finder and look for the app. The majority of programs are in your Applications folder, which you can access from the sidebar of any Finder window by selecting Applications.
- Alternatively, use Spotlight to locate the program, then double-click it in Spotlight while holding down the Command key.
- Select the program and click File > Move to Trash, or drag it to the Trash.
- If a user name and password are required, use the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is most likely the username and password you use to access your Mac.
- Choose Finder > Empty Trash to remove the software.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Mac Support website on how to uninstall apps on Mac.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How To Cancel Disney Movie Club Membership
- How to Cancel Ford Credit Financing
- How to cancel Duke Energy Service
- How to cancel BeenVerified subscription
- How to cancel Xero subscription
- How to cancel Desk.com account
- How to cancel Twilio account
- How to Cancel Lumosity subscription
- How to cancel Blue Apron account
- How to cancel Unbounce subscription
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Mac.