Screen recording means whatever is displayed on the screen is saved in the form of a video. Depending on the way you do screen recording the audio may or may not be available.
If you want to learn how to screen record on Mac, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to screen record on Mac.
How to screen record on Mac
Follow these steps to screen record on Mac:
- In your dock, go to the Finder (located at the bottom of your screen).
- In the left sidebar, select the Applications tab.
- To open the QuickTime Player, double-click it (Note: Nothing will display on the screen, but the program logo will appear on your Mac’s dock).
- In the toolbar at the top of your screen, select “File.”
- Select “New Screen Recording” from the drop-down menu (this will prompt a new recording window to appear).
- Optional: You’d click the down carrot next to the circular, white-and-red recording button to record sound as well (using your computer’s internal microphone).
- Press the record button to start recording.
- Click anywhere on the screen to record everything; or, if you only want to record a portion of the screen, click and drag a box around it, then click the “start recording” button (Note: The recording window will disappear from your screen once you start recording).
- Click the little recording symbol in the upper-left corner of the toolbar at the top of the screen to stop the recording (it will look like a grayed-out square inside of a circle)
- When you finish recording, a new window will emerge with your screen-record video.
- If you click the red “close” button in the upper left corner of the window, you’ll be asked to save the recording (where you may name it and alter its location on your computer) or erase it and try again.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Apple Support website on how to screen record on Mac.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How To Cancel Disney Movie Club Membership
- How to Cancel Ford Credit Financing
- How to cancel Duke Energy Service
- How to cancel BeenVerified subscription
- How to cancel Xero subscription
- How to cancel Desk.com account
- How to cancel Twilio account
- How to Cancel Lumosity subscription
- How to cancel Blue Apron account
- How to cancel Unbounce subscription
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Mac.