The right button or click is usually used to offer more information and/or attributes about an object that has been selected. If you highlight a word in a document, for example, tapping the right button will bring up a drop-down menu with options like cut, copy, paste, and changing the font.
If you want to learn how to right-click on a Mac computer, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to right-click on a Mac computer.
How to right-click on a Mac computer
Follow these steps to right-click on a Mac computer:
- Make use of a mouse that has a right-click function:
- The simplest option is to simply attach a mouse with a built-in right-click button. A recent Mac will identify just about any mouse on the market and respond when you hit the right side button, whether it’s wired or wireless and linked via USB dongle.
- While clicking, keep the “control” button pressed:
- The control button on a Mac is, indeed, the one that reads “control.” It’s not the same as the CTRL button on most PC keyboards, so be sure you know which is which before you start clicking. You may utilise the left – or only – button on your mouse as a right click while holding the control button, or you can touch on the trackpad while holding the control button.
- On the trackpad, use two fingers:
- A right click is achieved by tapping your Mac’s trackpad with two fingers spaced within an inch or so of one another. Check your trackpad’s settings in System Preferences if your computer isn’t registering your two-finger tap.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Apple Mac Support website on how to right-click on a Mac computer.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How To Cancel Disney Movie Club Membership
- How to Cancel Ford Credit Financing
- How to cancel Duke Energy Service
- How to cancel BeenVerified subscription
- How to cancel Xero subscription
- How to cancel Desk.com account
- How to cancel Twilio account
- How to Cancel Lumosity subscription
- How to cancel Blue Apron account
- How to cancel Unbounce subscription
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Mac.