Discord is a platform for voice-over IP, instant chat, and digital distribution. Users connect in private conversations or as part of “servers” via voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media, and files. Servers are a collection of chat rooms and voice chat channels that remain active throughout time.
If you want to learn how to make someone admin on Discord, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to make someone admin on Discord.
How to make someone admin on Discord
Follow these steps to make someone admin on Discord:
- On your Mac or PC, open Discord and go to the server you own where you wish to appoint someone an administrator.
- Select “Server Settings” from the menu that shows when you click the server’s name in the top left corner of the screen.
- On the left, select “Roles” from the drop-down menu.
- To create a new role, click the tiny + symbol next to “Roles” in the top-left corner. “New Role” will be the name of the new position.
- You may rename this position under the “Role Name” section. Rename it to “Admin” or something else that will make it clear what it’s for.
- By clicking the name of the person who has the position, other users will be able to see it, therefore choose a decent title.
- You might wish to select the option to “Display role members separately from online members.” Users having this position will appear above all other users in the user’s list as a result of this setting.
- Check the “Administrator” option under “General Permissions,” then click “Save changes” at the bottom.
- Right-click a user’s username on your server and pick “Roles” from the drop-down menu to assign this freshly established role to them.
- Then mark the box next to your new job title.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Discord website on how to make someone admin on Discord.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How to cancel Facebook account
- How to cancel Apple Music subscription
- How to cancel Spotify Premium subscription
- How to cancel Amazon Prime membership
- How to cancel NordVPN subscription
- How to cancel Blinkist subscription
- How to cancel Vimeo subscription
- How to cancel Etsy order
- How to cancel Postmates Unlimited subscription
- How to cancel Twitch subscription
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Discord.