Pasta is a staple food item that consists of quite straightforward ingredients to create the dish. The pasta dough is composed of semolina, water, and salt. The dough is then stamped out into a variety of shapes and boiled in a pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes.
1. In a large bowl, mix together semolina, salt and water to create the pasta dough. Mix until you get a wet, sticky dough. The consistency of the dough should be like play-dough or else it will be too dry and therefore not be able to roll out.
2. Take your ball of dough, place it on your work surface and press down with round object (such as a wine bottle) to flatten the dough into a long rectangular shape about 10 cm wide by 20 cm long
3. Use round object to cut the rectangle into 8 equal pieces
4. Use fingers or the palm of your hand to stretch each piece outwards
5. Flatten the stretched piece back down with your hand and then use rolling pin to roll out the dough
6. Roll pasta dough as thin as you can make it, usually noodle-thin (if you can see through it its good!)
7. Use a knife or pizza cutter and cut strips about 1″ wide and 10″ long (in picture: spaghetti). You can either cut the whole piece, or you can use a pair of scissors to cut strips from the roll of pasta dough.
8. Use fingers to twist some pieces and drape on a pan as necklaces! Make sure they don’t touch so they don’t stick together! 9. Once all your necklaces are done, boil in pot of water for about 2 minutes. If you want to save some for later, allow them to dry on a towel first.
So this is how to make Pasta.
- How to Store Tofu
- How to draw a Pentagram
- How to starch Jeans
- How to Wrap a Mug
- How to cut a Screw
- How to chop Rosemary
- How to make Lasagna
- How to make spaghetti
- How to make Grilled Cheese
- How to play Dominoes