Let’s learn how you can make caramel at home.
How to make Caramel
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 1/4 cup of water.
- Add the sugar and water to a sauce pan and stir until dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking until there is no clear liquid at the bottom of the pan.
- The mixture will be golden brown when it is done. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before using.
- If you do not have light corn syrup, you can substitute it with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Place the sugar in a sauce pan and stir until dissolved. Bring to boil, reduce heat and continue cooking until golden brown.
- You can also use dark corn syrup for this recipe, but you should mix it with 1/4 cup of water. Add the mixture to a sauce pan and cook for 5 minutes before using.
Use this sugar or caramel in any recipe that calls for caramel or brown sugar. It can also be used as an ice-cream topping!
So this is how to make Caramel.