Since January 1984, Apple Inc. has created, produced, and sold the Macintosh computer line. The first successful mass-market all-in-one desktop personal computer with a graphical user interface, built-in screen, and mouse was the Macintosh.
If you want to learn how to force quit on Mac, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to force quit on Mac.
How to force quit on Mac
Follow these steps to force quit on Mac:
- To begin, locate the app that isn’t responding. If you have a lot of programs open, the easiest method to tell which one isn’t working is to glance at the cursor.
- The program is still responsive if the cursor seems normal. The program is unresponsive if the cursor looks like a rainbow spinning wheel.
- Locate the taskbar at the top of your screen once you’ve discovered the unresponsive program. To open the dropdown menu, pick the Apple logo on the far left.
- Select “Force Quit” from the dropdown menu.
- A new window will appear, displaying all of the programs currently running on your Mac.
- Choose the application you’d want to forcibly close.
- Use the Command to choose several applications if you wish to force quit them all at once.
- Select Force Quit next.
- Any unsaved modifications will be lost, and you will be notified by a pop-up.
Note: If you’re having problems accessing the Apple symbol on the taskbar, use Option + Command + Esc on your keyboard and then follow the steps above.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Mac Support website on how to force quit on Mac.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How To Cancel Disney Movie Club Membership
- How to Cancel Ford Credit Financing
- How to cancel Duke Energy Service
- How to cancel BeenVerified subscription
- How to cancel Xero subscription
- How to cancel Desk.com account
- How to cancel Twilio account
- How to Cancel Lumosity subscription
- How to cancel Blue Apron account
- How to cancel Unbounce subscription
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Mac.