A mermaid is a mythical sea creature that has the upper body of a human and the tail of a fish.
The physical features are usually female, but some are said to be male. They are often portrayed as being wise and having magical powers.
It’s said to be able, depending on their location, to take the form of either an animal or a human.
Drawing mermaids is fun and easy! Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be drawing your very own sea creature in no time!
Here are the steps to draw a mermaid:
- Draw an oval shape that is lightly shaded with two small circles near the top for the eyes.
- Draw two curved lines crossing over each other for the mouth.
- Draw a bigger circle under the eyes and connect this to the oval shape with two small lines, creating the nose.
- Draw more curved lines at both ends of the oval to make it look like fins.
- Around these fins, draw more curved lines that are slightly shorter.
- Draw two lines at the top of the oval to create hair.
- Draw tiny dots around the eyes and connect these sketch marks with curved lines just like for eyebrows.
- Now draw an “S” shape that forms a tail along the bottom of the oval.
- Add a small circle to this large fin, then draw three curved lines connecting to this circle.
- Draw more “S” shapes in the other fins for extra detail.
- Finally, draw a dash of eye shadow and some sea plants around the mermaid to finish!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to draw a Mermaid.