Spotify is a Swedish audio streaming and media services company created by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon on April 23, 2006. As of June 2021, it has over 365 million monthly active users, including 165 million paying customers, becoming it the world’s largest music streaming service provider.
If you want to learn how to delete a Spotify account, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to help you to delete your Spotify account.
How to delete a Spotify account
Follow these steps to delete your account:
- On the Contact Spotify Support screen, click “Account.“
- To close your account, choose “I wish to close my account.“
- Make sure you want to close your account permanently or only cancel your paid subscription. To proceed with the deletion, click the black “Close Account” button on the left side.
- This will take you to a screen that states “We’re sorry you wish to leave us” and will walk you through the five-step process of closing your account. After each step, click the blue “Continue” button to go forward.
- Make sure you’re logged in to the correct account. To continue, use the blue “Continue” button.
- You’ll get a warning from Spotify that you’ll lose your following and playlists. Click the blue “Continue” button after checking the box stating that you understand the implications.
- On the following page, click “Continue” once more. You’ll get an email asking if you still want to terminate your account, addressed to the address you used to sign up.
- Open the URL you were sent and select the “Close My Account” option at the bottom. This is a green button that you must click within 24 hours of receiving the email.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Spotify website on how to delete your Spotify account.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How to cancel Barkbox subscription
- How to cancel eHarmony subscription
- How to cancel eMeals subscription
- How to cancel OnlyFans subscription
- How to cancel Uber Eats order
- How to cancel LinkedIn Learning subscription
- How to cancel Doordash order
- How to cancel Duolingo Plus subscription
- How to cancel SBA Loan application
- How to cancel Paypal payment
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Spotify.