So, you’ve decided to delete your Goodreads account. Whatever the case may be, I’m here to assist, because trust me it’s not as simple as pressing a button!
In this tutorial, I will show you how to delete your Goodreads account from both the website and mobile app.
How to Delete Your Goodreads Account
1. How to Delete Your Goodreads Account in Website
Here are the steps:
Step 1: Log in to your Goodreads account (https://www.goodreads.com) using your favorite web browser.
Step 2: In the top right corner of the page, click on your profile and from the dropdown menu, you have to select “Account settings“.
Step 3: After clicking on “Account settings“, you will need to see below your profile picture. You will see “Delete my account” option. Now click on this option.
Step 4: A new screen will appear where you need to confirm that you want to delete your account. Let the check box checked, if you want Goodreads to keep any comments you’ve posted in discussion forums.
Once you have made your final decision, click on “Delete my account“.
Step 5: A new pop-up will come where you will be notified that your data will be gone forever. It is the last chance for you to revert your decision. If you want to proceed, click on the “OK” button and your Goodreads account will get deleted.
So that’s how to delete Goodreads account on a desktop or website.
2. How to Delete Your Goodreads Account Via Goodreads App
Step 1: Open the Goodreads app on your mobile phone (Android or iOS).
Step 2: At the bottom right corner of your screen, tap More, and then from the popup menu that appears, choose “Settings”.
Step 3: Now click on “Settings” and select “Account“
Step 4: Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select “Delete my account“.
Step 5: Click on “Delete my account” once again. To confirm, tap “Yes, delete my account“.
So that’s how to delete Goodreads account using the Goodreads mobile app.
Important Points to Remember When Deleting Your Goodreads Account
- Once you have deleted your account, all the personal information that is linked with your account will get deleted from Goodreads. This personal information covers both the list(s) of books on your shelves (including those you’ve read, rated, and reviewed).
- In case you’re a Goodreads author, deleting your personal Goodreads account will not remove your author profile or information about any books you’ve authored (including ratings and reviews that are left by other users).
- You can contact the Goodreads contact team if you have any queries with regard to your account.
I hope this quick tutorial was useful and informative for you. In case you still have any questions or comments, you can ask them in the comments section given below.
You Might Like
- How to Delete Your Google Drive Account
- How to Allow Pop-Ups in Microsoft Edge
- How to Add a New Site to the Website List in Amazon Associates
- How to Create a TikTok Account
- How to Delete TikTok Account
- How to Create Video on TikTok
- How to Send Direct Message on TikTok
- How to Set your TikTok account as Private or Public