Making backups is one of the most important tasks for users, as it ensures that they have a duplicate of their information, which ensures security. If an unforeseen occurrence occurs, such as a disc failure, a virus, or malware, and critical information is unintentionally deleted, this job avoids the files from being permanently deleted.
Making backups has several advantages, but it is not without its drawbacks as with any work of this magnitude. One of them is that if you’re used to back up your data on a daily basis, you could run into disc space issues.
If you want to learn how to delete backup files in Windows 10, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to help you to delete your backup files in Windows 10.
How to delete backup files in Windows 10
Follow these steps to delete your backup:
- Open Control Panel. Write control panel in the Windows icon, then select the best match option.
- Go to System and Security. Select System and Security from the Control Panel menu.
- Open the File History window. Select File History from the drop-down menu in this section.
- Open the Advanced Options menu.
From the list on the left side of the screen, select Advanced Settings.
- Clean-up versions should be opened. In the Versions section of the window, click Clean up versions. A dialogue window will appear right away in Windows.
Older versions of files and directories should be deleted.
- Click the arrow in the grey box on this dialogue box to view a drop-down list. From 1 month to 2 years, you can choose to remove earlier versions of files and folders.
- Following that, choose Clean up, and File History will begin deleting old backup files and directories. Be patient; this task might take many minutes to finish, especially if you choose a long time frame.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How to delete a Blizzard account
- How to delete a Robinhood account
- How to delete an Uber account
- How to delete a Chegg account
- How to delete a Venmo account
- How to delete a Roblox account
- How to delete a POF account
- How to delete a Microsoft account
- How to delete a Paypal account
- How to delete cookies on the website
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Windows settings.