Telegram is a cross-platform, cloud-based instant messaging service that is free and open source. This service also includes capabilities like end-to-end encrypted video calling, VoIP, file sharing, and more. It was released on 14 August 2013 for iOS and in October 2013 for Android.
If you want to learn how to delete a Telegram account, then this short and quick article will give you all the required details to help you to delete your Telegram account.
How to delete a Telegram account
Follow these steps to delete your account:
- On Android, open Telegram and go to Settings.
- Select the Privacy and Security tab from the drop-down menu.
- To automatically remove an account, scroll down to the If Away section.
- Choose the period of inactivity after which your Telegram account will be permanently terminated. You have the option of 1, 3, 6, or 12 months. Telegram has this set to 6 months by default.
- If you do not utilise your Telegram account for the specified time period, Telegram will deactivate your Android account permanently.
- On your iPhone, open Telegram and navigate to Settings.
- Go to the Privacy and Security tab.
- If you’re looking for an option, go to If Away.
- More possibilities are available if you select 6 months, up to 12 months.
- If your Telegram account is inactive for one, three, six, or twelve months, it will be erased, along with any messages and contacts.
Also, you can find additional information on the official Telegram website on how to delete your Telegram account.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How to cancel Barkbox subscription
- How to cancel eHarmony subscription
- How to cancel eMeals subscription
- How to cancel OnlyFans subscription
- How to cancel Uber Eats order
- How to cancel LinkedIn Learning subscription
- How to cancel Doordash order
- How to cancel Duolingo Plus subscription
- How to cancel SBA Loan application
- How to cancel Paypal payment
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Telegram.