In this article, you will learn how to cut green onions.
1. Separate the green onion from the white part at the base of the stem by gently pulling them apart.
2. Cut off only the green tops and throw away the root ends.
3. Trim off any brown leaves that may be present, pulling them straight up to near the top of the white bulb.
4. Slice into rings or half-rings horizontally, then into small cubes or matchsticks, depending on how you will be using them in cooking.
5. Place in a dish and cover with water for a few minutes before using in cooking to remove any lingering dirt or sand particles from outer layers of onion flesh.
6. If you’re not going to use the onion immediately, place pieces in a jar of water and store in the refrigerator.
So this is how to Cut Green Onions.