Cut the shallot in half horizontally.
Lay one half flat on your board. Cut vertically, stopping just before the root end. Peel the layers apart and finely slice them with a knife.
Repeat with the other half.
If you find cutting a shallot intimidating, use a sharp paring knife to cut off both ends of the shallot and peel it.
Cut the shallot in half horizontally and place each flat side down on your board. Slice vertically from top to root end, stopping just before you get to the root end. Peel the layers apart and slice them into thin slices with your knife.
So this is how to cut a shallot.
- How to draw a Tank
- How to get Toothpaste out of Shirt
- How to adjust Ski Bindings
- How to tuck Turkey wings
- How to get detergent stains out of clothes
- How to draw a Baseball
- How to light a Match
- How to turn on Windshield Wipers
- How to soften Play Doh
- How to tell if cat still has kittens inside