Pomegranates are delicious and healthy, but they’re hard to eat. The pomegranate is a fruit that’s often seen as difficult to consume because of its tough skin and large seeds.
Let’s learn how to cut it.
How to cut a Pomegranate
1. Slice the top and bottom off of the pomegranate and score the sides with a sharp knife along the length of the pomegranate from top to bottom, being careful not to cut all the way through.
2. Submerge the fruit in cold water and wait for it to sink then slice it into quadrants or thirds.
3. Pull the pomegranate apart and place it in a large bowl of cold water (add ice cubes if you want) to release the seeds. Use your fingers to break apart any parts that are stuck together and separate the seeds from any white membrane. Skim off any bits that float or release debris into the bowl then pour the water out.
4. Repeat until all of the seeds are separated and released from their white membrane, which you can discard. Separate the seeds into a fine mesh strainer with small holes or sieve to catch any remaining bits then place in your serving dish or container for storage.
Pomegranate arils last up to two days in the refrigerator.
5. Toss the pomegranate seeds with your favorite dried fruit, nuts or other ingredients to create a quick trail mix or sprinkle on top of salads, cereals, yogurt parfaits, oatmeal…whatever you think would taste good!
~ Pomegranate can stain surfaces so use caution, especially when working with light colored ingredients.
~ If the seeds are too bitter for your taste it may be that you didn’t remove all of the white membrane that surrounds them so try again! This is totally worth it for one of nature’s most nutritious fruits!
~ If you want to save pomegranate seeds before eating them, the first step is to cut the pomegranate in half.
So this is how you can cut a Pomegranate.
- How to get water out of your Ear
- How to steam Broccoli
- How to make yourself throw up
- How to make Caramel
- How to make Iced Coffee
- How to French Braid
- How to give a Hickey
- How to pick a Watermelon
- How to draw Lips
- How to make Sushi Rice