A Gmail signature is the piece of text that people use mostly to give a formal look to their emails.
It can often be the digital version of your original signature. Using an email signature is a considerate thing to do particularly when you’re communicating for professional purposes.
To add to this, you no longer have to worry about manually signing off all your emails.
With Gmail, you can create multiple signatures, for example, different ones for personal and professional use.
There might also be times when you need to change your existing Gmail signature.
Having said that, we’ll now discuss how to change or create a Gmail signature on your desktop as well as smartphone.
How to Change your Gmail Signature
Changing or Creating a Gmail Signature on your Desktop
Proceed with the following steps to change or create a digital signature for your Gmail account on your desktop computer:
- Access your Gmail account on your desktop browser, and click on the Settings icon at the top right corner.
2. Click on the default General tab and scroll down to navigate to the Signature box.
3. If you haven’t created a signature yet, you will see the Create New option.
4. Click on the Create New icon and add the name you want to use as your signature.
5. Once you are done, another box appears beside the signature section. It has different options, like whether you want to enlarge your signature name. You can also use bold or italic text, or underline it.
- If you want to hyperlink any text in the signature, press it and choose the option to hyperlink and insert the link of your website or anything you may want to add.
Note: You can also insert an image or logo by clicking on the Insert Image icon.
How to Change an Existing Gmail Signature
To change an existing Gmail signature, the following steps are to be followed:
- Follow the first two of the steps given above.
- Click on the signature name and you will see two icons, the pencil icon and the trash icon.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit and make the desired changes.
- If you want to delete the signature and create a new one, click on the trash icon and follow the steps from the previous section to create a new one.
Note: Since you can also have multiple Gmail signatures, the Create New icon will always be there, just follow the same steps.
Changing or Creating a Gmail signature on your Smartphone
You can change or create your Gmail signature on the Gmail mobile app using a few steps that we will discuss over here:
- Head over to your Gmail app and tap the bar icon on the top left corner of your screen.
Now scroll down and go to Settings.
- Select the account you want to create the signature for.
- Here you will see the option of Mobile Signature on Android and Signature Settings on IOS. Tap that option.
5. A pop-up box will open up where you have to type your signature name.
- Tap OK once you’re done.
Note: To delete an existing signature, simply tap on the trash icon.
With the incredibly simple functionality that Gmail is known to offer, changing or creating a digital signature is really simple. The procedures to do so on your desktop computer as well as smartphone have been laid out in detail.
We are quite hopeful that you’ll find this article useful and informative. You are always welcome to reach out to us for any queries. Cheers!
You Might Like
- How to get a Read Receipt in Gmail
- How to Send Mass Emails in Gmail
- How to Recover Deleted Emails in Gmail
- How to Deactivate and Delete Evernote Account
- How to Change and Reset Your Evernote Password
- How to Set Up Two-Factor Authentication on Evernote
- How to Deactivate an Evernote Business Account
- How to Change Your Email Address in Evernote