Amazon Alexa is a voice-enabled intelligent personal assistant based off of the iOS and Android app, Amazon Echo.
It can answer general questions, play music from a library of streaming services, set alarms and timers, control smart home devices that work with it (such as lights or locks) or order products from Amazon.com.
If you would like to delete your Alexa account, please follow the instructions below:
How do I delete my Alexa account?
1) Go to alexa.amazon.com and sign into your account with your e-mail address and password for Amazon’s website
2) Click on the menu button in the top left of the navigation bar and select “Your Account”
3) Look for “Order History”, and click on it. It will expand as a submenu showing all orders made through the website
4) Select “Manage Your Content and Devices” under Manage Your Kindle, Device Software, Gift Cards & More section
5) On Devices tab below My Devices you should see all registered devices associated with your account such as Echo, Kindle E-reader etc. Go to each device’s detail page and select “Deregister”
6) You will get a pop-up window which says “Are you sure that you want to deregister this device?” Click on the “Deregister” button once again
7) This time the pop-up window will show confirmation message with device serial number and the web browser will redirect you to a page that says “Thank you for visiting Amazon Device Registration”.
8) On this page select the tab “Your Account” on top right corner. Now click on the tab titled “Manage Your Household” under Personalization section
9) You will see all registered accounts in your household. Click on “Close Account” link under the subheading Unlinked accounts.
10) If you want to delete your account permanently, please select the checkbox to confirm & click on “Cancel My Account” button below
11) The pop-up window will show a message asking for confirmation one last time. Please click on the “Close Account” button
12) An email will be sent to your registered e-mail address confirming the account deletion. Please note that it may take few minutes for the email to arrive.
13) Wait for sometime until you get an automated phone call from Amazon’s Customer Service department, asking you to verify the deletion request. They might ask you for last four digits of the credit card on-file for verification or other important account details which you might have used before on Amazon.
14) Once your account is closed, it will be impossible to restore it without opening a new account, so please be aware that if you have come this far, there is no turning back. You can also contact Amazon Customer Service if you have any issues.
Also, you can find additional information on official Alexa website.
I hope that this article has helped you in some way. If you still have any questions regarding this, then you can post them in the comments section provided below this post.
You Might Like
- How To Cancel Disney Movie Club Membership
- How to Cancel Ford Credit Financing
- How to cancel Duke Energy Service
- How to cancel BeenVerified subscription
- How to cancel Xero subscription
- How to cancel Desk.com account
- How to cancel Twilio account
- How to Cancel Lumosity subscription
- How to cancel Blue Apron account
- How to cancel Unbounce subscription
Disclaimer: Please note that HowToAssistant.com is not associated with Amazon Alexa.