Microsoft Edge has various new features to boost performance, speed, and responsiveness while also reducing your computer’s total resource footprint during browsing.
Microsoft has recently added a new Performance mode to Edge browser.
The Performance mode, however, is part of the Optimize Performance settings and works in conjunction with Sleeping Tabs.
The feature is currently unavailable in Edge’s stable version. Instead, Microsoft is making it accessible as a controlled feature with version 91.0.856.0 in the Canary channel, which implies that only a small percentage of testers will get it automatically.
Below are the step-by-step instructions to help you learn How to Enable or Disable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge.
How to Enable or Disable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge
1. How to Enable Performance Mode on Microsoft Edge
Step 1: Launch the Microsoft Edge browser from your desktop PC.
Step 2: Now you need to click on three dots at the top right corner of the browser (or press Alt + F). Go down to the “Settings” option from the menu and then click on it.
Step 3: Now click on “Settings“. You will see Optimize Performance section. Here you need to change the option for “Performance Mode” to “Always On.“
That’s done. After making these changes, Edge will load a set of customizations and will use the Sleeping Tab feature to optimize system performance as you do browsing.
2. How to Disable Performance Mode on Microsoft Edge
If you no longer want to utilize this feature and want to disable it, then select “Always Off” from the drop-down menu next to the Performance Mode option.
I hope you found this tutorial useful and informative. In case you have any questions or comments, you can ask them in the comments section given below.
You Might Like
- How to Browse InPrivate in Microsoft Edge
- How to Allow Pop-Ups in Microsoft Edge
- How to Permanently Block InPrivate Browsing in Microsoft Edge
- How to Add a New Site to the Website List in Amazon Associates
- How to Create a TikTok Account
- How to Delete TikTok Account
- How to Create Video on TikTok
- How to Send Direct Message on TikTok
- How to Set your TikTok account as Private or Public